Would you like to receive 10-20 hours of free care each week paid for by the VA?
Most Veterans are not aware of the eldercare benefits available through Veterans Health Care, including Veterans Pension, or more commonly known as “Veterans Aid and Attendance Benefit”.
You may be eligible for this unique benefit via the Veterans Administration (VA). The benefit provides 10 - 20 hours of FREE non-medical care per week to help Veterans and surviving spouses with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) in their home.
There are currently over 2 million Veterans who the VA believes could qualify for this benefit and only 25% of them are currently taking advantage of it.
Better At Home Health Services, with the assistance of Vet Assist, can complete your application for the VA Aid & Attendance benefit and allow you to receive up to 20 hours a week in-home care ABSOLUTELY FREE. We can start care immediately while waiting for the application to be processed with the VA.
This benefit requires that the Veteran or surviving spouse comply with the following:
1) They are over age 65.
2) They are a Veteran, a spouse of a living Veteran, or a surviving spouse of a Veteran.
3) The Veteran served as "Active Military" status for 90 days during an approved time of war: WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War.
4) The Veteran had an honorable discharge.
5) The Veteran or surviving spouse meets income requirements.
6) The Veteran, spouse of a living Veteran, or surviving spouse of a Veteran needs assistance with bathing, grooming, meal preparation, etc. on a regular basis in order to stay independent in their home or chosen place of residence.
In-home services include:
Help with bathing
Help with dressing
Transferring to and from bed
Once your benefit is approved with the VA, our Vet Assist Program keeps working for you by continually monitoring your home health care, ensuring that you are in VA compliance for medical expenses, and providing you with community resources for additional assistance.